I am slowly working my way through the Crochet Trophy Head book written by Vanessa Mooncie. I have still only finished the mouse completely. I have bits of the hare, ram and bear to finish. I am sure I will get there in the end. I am loving following the patterns now that I am fully used to how they are written and understand how the heads work up. The picture shows me mid-way shaping the back of the zebra's head.
Some of you may recall back in the summer of 2015 I had a Dunster House Log Cabin constructed in my back garden. In my mind, it was alway going to be my craft/sewing room. It has taken a while to convince my husband of this... BUT I DID IT!
I received this fantastic book for Christmas and I am totally obsessed with it. So far I have made the hare, mouse, ram and I am now on the bear. When I first started I felt like I was a beginner, I had not done any amigurumi for a long time and switching back to having to count stitches took a bit of getting used to. I have to say I have yet to complete any of the heads I have made, I will get round to it at some point.
I made this Tunisian Wingspan Crochet Scarf quite a while ago and it is the most used scarf I have ever made. Once you get your head around the pattern and the stitches it works up really quickly. The
free pattern I used can be found HERE
This is a little different from my normal projects that I post. I have been having fun with my Cricut Explore, I found this FREE cutting file on a fantastic Blog named Something to Craft about. The cutting file can be found HERE It is a Studio file so you need to be a bit clever converting it so it will work in Cricut Design Space
I have to admit it was a really tricky one to do as there were so many little parts of Vinyl to stick down.
I was really pleased with the result, it cheers up a really boring downstairs loo. Noticed I said was! When I stuck it on the loo seat I thought the AT- AT was having a drink from the loo (a bit like a dog would). Now, every time I look at it I think it is being sick; I am not sure how long it is going to stay.
I am so pleased I came across this pattern for the Christmas Crochet Character Afgan . It has taken many hours but it is finally done and I am so pleased with it. I decided to a a crochet bobble border, which also took a very long time. The pattern can be found HERE
So, my biggest project ever has taken me just over two and a half months. Everyone in my house has gone to bed and I had to share. I know many of you will understand what it is from my sneak preview! I will take photos tomorrow.
I made this crochet alpine shawl a while back and thought I would finally blog it. Back in March I bought the yarn to make this shawl from Etsy, the link for the shop is HERE.
It took 300g to make, it turned out to be rather enormous (which I love), it measures approximately 2m by 1m.
I pinned it up on the cabin wall to take a photo, I think it may stay there for a while, it looks great as a wall hanging. This is the pattern I used to make it PATTERN
We are so pleased with our Dunster house log cabin! Everything was just as they said, there were no problem parts and there were no missing parts. It went together so easily.
I love going down the garden in the evening to watch the television, sew and crochet. My husband has not been banned, some of his books down there too!
The reason this post is so late is that I have been super busy with work. Even marking has been made easier when I go down to the cabin, it is so peaceful, there are no distraction, marking is done in half the time, a slight exaggeration there!
We are also pleased that the went for the fully insulated option, yes it was slightly more expensive, but I really do feel that we will be able to use the cabin all year round! I am already planning for Christmas!
I did not post yesterday as I was feeling a little disheartened by the progress we were making and there was not a great deal to show you. We had problems with the instructions and our ability to follow them! Then followed a problem with missing insulation, the place we ordered it from had run out (please note this was NOT Dunster House) and only delivered seven sheets instead of the nine that we needed, this meant we had to go and get some more from elsewhere.
Not sure why the time lapse videos are not showing as videos, the links are below.